Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 Non-goals

I have always loved lists and my New Year list was always important to me. But this year, for some reason I was not inspired to write one. Maybe because I feel as if I am writing so much already with my job. I already have so much on my plate, I did not want to put more on it. I was not really comfortable not writing one though so I decided to at least write a word that would define my year to come. I had trouble with that too and decided on easy ones but yet interesting for me at this moment in time, which are BALANCE and SURPRISES. I need to balance these spheres of life more : work - family - couple - friends - me time - training - fun. And I need surprises I think. Not people making me surprises but me surprising myself. And then, I found this list on a blog that inspired me. Here is what she wrote : (I put in here whole post so you could be inspired by it) "Every year, I sit down and make two lists: the goals and the non-goals. The goal list is obvious: things I’d love to change about my current self, routine or surroundings; things I’d love to incorporate to strive for betterment. Yet the non-goal list? That’s a bit more complex. Non-goals are action items that I’ve already put into practice, or things about myself that I want to stay the same this year. It’s my way of praising the good habits I’ve formed over a lifetime, or maybe just over the past few weeks. Either way, I find that it’s so important to balance change with stability, especially stability in the things you love about yourself. And it’s dually important to praise yourself and embrace your positives, yes? Here we go — my 2012 non-goals: 1. You’re working really, really hard taking care of yourself. Keep it up (especially those leafy greens and evening yoga!). 2. Your marriage is a huge priority. I love that about you. 3. Last year, you managed to juggle a billion different things. Well done. Feel free to slow it down this year (if you want!); you deserve it. 4. Keep protecting yourself from influences that don’t have your best interest in mind. Follow that intuition. 5. Great job doing things that scare you last year. Keep raising your hand and saying “Yes!” 6. You’re committed to sharing unique things that raise your eyebrows daily. Don’t stop! 7. Good job saving money and curbing impulse spending in the past few months. It’ll pay off; I promise! 8. The house is looking cozy and beautiful; keep working hard on those last few renovations." And here is MY list of non-goals : 1. You spend a lot of time with your boys and you are a great mom. 2. Your cooking skills are improving (especially in the meat department!) and continue whipping up great recipes. 3. You are doing great work with the book. Go on !!! The book will be a best seller again ! 4. Continue blogging if it is just a little. You get so much from it. 5. You started swimming again and that is great for you. Never stop swimming! 6. You are much stronger now that you are mom. Continue with your motto : Live without fear. 7. You mom taught you not to sweat the small stuff. It serves you well. 8. Keep going to the sun from time to time where you feel your best. Here is where I found the idea

1 comment:

  1. I love it. We don't compliment ourselves enough for everything we do well and for everything we have achieved. A x

    ReplyDelete